Forbes has released its annual list of the top 10 highest-paid athletes of the year.
Forbes reported on Wednesday that Paris Saint-Germain superstar Lionel Messi topped sports highest-earners after earning $130 million over the past 12 months.
Messi’s salary has dropped by about $22 million since his final season with Barcelona, but he still earns around $75 million with PSG and has seen a significant increase in endorsements, matching his 12-month record from last year’s study.
The seven-time Ballon d’Or winner is ahead of LeBron James of the Los Angeles Lakers and Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United, who are in second and third place, respectively.
The list of the top 10 are presented below:
- Lionel Messi (football) – $130 million
- LeBron James (basketball) – $121.2 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo (football) – $115 million
- Neymar (Football) – $95 million
- Stephen Curry (Basketball) – $92.8 million
- Kevein Durant (Basketball) – $92.1 million
- Roger Federer (Tennis) – $90.7 million
- Canelo Alvarez (Boxer) – $90 million
- Tom Brady (American football) – $83.9 million
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Basketball) – $80.9 million