The management of Marwako Restaurant has responded to reports of customers becoming ill after eating at the restaurant over the weekend.
As a result of the food poisoning incident, the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) closed the East Legon branch earlier today.
The FDA in a tweet said: “The FDA has taken notice of complaints from the public about the suspected food poisoning at the East Legon Branch of Marwarko Restaurant. We have closed down the restaurant and together with other relevant agencies, started investigations.”
“We wish to assure the public that the issue would be thoroughly investigated and appropriate actions taken. Additionally, FDA is ensuring the strict implementation of it protocols to prevent any further harm to the public.”
Amin Lamptey, the company’s Public Relations Officer, has extended an apology to customers who have been harmed by alleged food poisoning at its East Legon branch.
In his apology statement, Amin Lamptey stated that the company has also covered all of the affected consumers’ medical costs.
“We visited some of our customers at the hospital and those who were discharged, we visited them at home. We assisted some of them with their hospital bills. The main thing started on Saturday and Sunday evening. We have accepted everything, and we have apologized to the victims.”