One confirmed dead and several others trapped in an uncompleted church building at Akyem Batabi in the Asene Manso Akroso District of the Eastern Region.
The three-storey building had over 60 worshipers praying to end their three-day fasting on Tuesday, October 20, when the building collapsed on them.
Some of the worshipers managed to escape, sustaining several degrees of injury.
- GSE is best performing stock exchange in Africa
- Appointments Committee does not have power to reject any nominee- Osei-Owusu
- Audit Service Board challenges Auditor- General, Yao Domelevo’s nationality and age
- Students trained in fire-fighting techniques at Akatsi
- GAC unhappy with stigmatization of people with HIV and AIDS
Others were rushed to the Akyem Oda Government Hospital.
A number of them is still trapped in the rubble as officials of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) and other allied agencies work to rescue them.
The uncompleted church building has existed for the past 28 years and belongs to Prophet Nakua Isaac.