One confirmed dead and several others trapped in an uncompleted church building at Akyem Batabi in the Asene Manso Akroso District of the Eastern Region.
The three-storey building had over 60 worshipers praying to end their three-day fasting on Tuesday, October 20, when the building collapsed on them.
Some of the worshipers managed to escape, sustaining several degrees of injury.
- Curse Any Politician Who Tries To Buy Your Vote This December – Asiedu Nketia Advice Ghanaians
- NSSBI relief fund, other policy interventions saved many businesses from collapse – TAGG
- Vote Number 1 on Dec. 7 – Bawumia urges, as he intensifies voter education
- Research by Kumasi Technical University predicts 52.3% victory for Akufo-Addo in 2020 polls
- NDC will fabricate stories in week before December 7 polls – Oppong Nkrumah
Others were rushed to the Akyem Oda Government Hospital.
A number of them is still trapped in the rubble as officials of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) and other allied agencies work to rescue them.
The uncompleted church building has existed for the past 28 years and belongs to Prophet Nakua Isaac.