The Ghana Culture Forum in collaboration with the Multimedia Group is launching the 10th Ghana Culture Day celebrations.
The 10th edition of the yearly celebrations is slated for March 12 this year to celebrate the Ghanaian culture.
However, due to Covid-19 restrictions, the event will be held virtually via Zoom and Facebook Live this year.
The theme for this year’s edition is dubbed “The Relevance of Culture in our ever-changing Digital Space”.
The keynote address will be delivered by Akosua Adomako Ampofo, Professor of African & Gender Studies at the Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana, Legon & President, African Studies Association of Africa.
The CEO of the Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA), Dr Afua Asabea Asare will also deliver a statement on ‘Using Digital Channels to Monetize Your Craft.’
Other speakers at the event will be Minister Designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture Ministry, Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed Awal, and Head of Office and Representative of UNESCO to Ghana, Mr. Abdourahamane Diallo.
The Day was instituted in 2012 at the official launch of the Ghana Culture Forum (GCF) – a membership-based civil society consultative and advocacy network of cultural practitioners, activists and organisations united around a common vision of affirming the cultural foundations of development and enhancing the profile, value and impact of the cultural sector.
This year’s celebrations will be preceded by a social media challenge dubbed #ProudlyGhanaian. The general public is invited to participate in this challenge to share the essence of what it means to be Ghanaian and what makes us proud as Ghanaians.
It will comprise a symposium to be broadcast live on Zoom with meeting ID: 821-2429-6971 and password: 134439. It will also be live on the Facebook page of Ghana Culture Forum on Friday, March 12, 2021; from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- send a video of yourself responding to any of the following questions;
- What makes you proud as a Ghanaian?
- How will you describe Ghana to a visitor to Ghana?
- What is your favourite Ghanaian dish?
- Where is your favourite destination in Ghana?
- Describe your typical Ghanaian moment.
- Describe Ghana in 1 word.
2. Create short skits, music performances, dance, animation, poetry, literature, food, fashion and other forms imagined.
3. Upload your posts on social media and tag the Ghana Culture Forum social media handle and use the following hashtags #proudlyghanaian #ghanacultureday #ghanacultureforum